Spiced Cranberry Vodka Fizz Cocktails
Cheers to a timely cocktail! The joyous season is almost upon us all and I don’t know about you but I couldn’t feel more festive right now and all with the help of my homemade Spiced Cranberry Vodka Fizz Cocktails. And, just like that, one slurp and I’m in full Christmas mode!
This time of year makes me feel warm, fuzzy, homely. Anyone else feeling the same way?
The weather here in the Shire has unquestionably turned and the wild winter nights are fast making an appearance. The temperature has plummeted, and the rain is a relentless pelt against the pane. Despite the gloom, it’s inspired me to create an unforgettable festive elixir that makes me want to hunker down for the night and tackle my Christmas to do list head on.
Think Christmassy spiced aromas, think fiery vodka heat, think woodsy vibrant rosemary and the delectable pop of cranberries in your mouth. These ingredients combined together make for one helluva sensational Christmas cocktail that I will most definitely be serving to my guests over the Christmas festivities.
The homemade spiced cranberry jam couldn’t be more of a doddle to make and cranberries are in abundance right now, whatever is left over is going to be a delicious addition to the Turkey at Christmas dinner. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander… you’ll be pleased you made an extra batch.
My Spiced Cranberry Vodka Fizz Cocktails can be made ahead of time, happiest when sitting in a cocktail pitcher ready for the glorious pour. Garnish with the homemade candied rosemary, frozen raspberries and a sprinkling of pomegranates to ensure your guests receive some extra pizazz.
Cheers! And Merry Christmas to you all.
- 1 x 230ml Runny Honey
- 250g x Caster Sugar
- 300g x Fresh Cranberries
- 10 x Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 x Star Anise
- 1 x Stick cinnamon
- 6 x Cloves
- 1 x Fresh squeezed juice of large orange
- 1 Litre x Cranberry Juice
- 1 Litre x Soda Water
- Grey Goose Vodka
- Fresh Pomegranate to serve
- Fresh Frozen Raspaberries to serve
- 1. To make the cranberry syrup: In a heavy based pot, add in the cranberries, sugar, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
- 2. Boil over a high heat for 5 minutes and add the fesh orange juice.
- 3. when the cranberries have burst remove them from the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the spices and herbs and push through a seive.
- 4. In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry syrup, cranberry juice and soda water. Chill until ready to serve.
- 5. Over ice, pour your desired measure of vodka, and top up with the cranberry mix in the pitcher. Garnish with, frozen raspeberries and pomegranates and the candied rosemary.
- To make the candied rosemary, line a baking sheet with parchment and gently run the rosemary sprigs under a little water to dampen. Place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the rosemary with granulated sugar on all sides making sure it is throoughly coated. Allow to dry for 1 hour before serving. This can be made 1 day in advance and stored at room temp.